My parents tell me that my first toy was a cloth book that I loved to chew on.
1. The first book I remember is Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? by Dr Seuss. I can still recite sections of it from memory. I bet my parents eventually hated that book.
2. My parents took me to the library on a very regular basis and I am so grateful. Even at a young age I loved The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. I love this book so much that I read it again just before starting this post.
3. I loved the post that Reading Rainbow did about revisiting the books that made you fall in love with reading. After I finished the book I was reading this morning before the readathon started (The Closers by Michael Connelly) I kicked off the readathon with Blackbriar by William Sleator. I didn’t remember much about it except that it was scary and I listened to Hotel California over and over when I read it in middle school. I am about 25% through it now.
4. The Trixie Belden series of books got me addicted to book series and now I mostly read series.
5. Goodnight Moon. This one isn’t from my childhood but from my children’s. This was the book I read over and over to them along with Guess How Much I Love You.
Thanks Mom and Dad for giving me such a love of reading. I can’t think of a better addiction.